Standard camshaft kit for VW Passat TDIs with a BHW code. This kit is designed to include all the parts required when replacing the camshaft.
Camshaft — 038109101AF
8x Camshaft Followers (Nitride Coated) — 038109309C
Camshaft Bearing Set — 038198673C
10x Journal Cap Bolts — 038103714
8x Injector Rocker Bolts — 038103714A
Camshaft Seal — 068103085A
Fits the Following:
2004-2005 VW Passat TDI
Compatibility Note: Many customers use the BEW camshaft for this vehicle due to its greater longevity.
Installation Note: Proper break in of a camshaft is essential for proper functioning and longevity. Joe Gibbs Break-in oil facilitates that well. Below is the recommended process.
1. Put assembly lube on all lobes, lifter faces, distributor gears, bearing journals, lifter barrels, and oil pump gears.
2. Turn the engine over by hand to make sure that nothing is binding up (e.g. cam bearings are properly seated) and that timing is correct.
3. Rev engine to 2000-3000 RPM for 20-30 minutes. Drain break-in oil.
4. Refill with break-in oil and drive normally for about 500 miles.
5. Drain oil again and replace the filter and oil, using proper VW 505.01 spec oil such as Pentosin HPII or Liquimoly. A bottle of ZDDP additive can provide further protection.
Note on Tortion: Use only the following torque spec.
Journal cap bolts – 038 103 714 — Special Non-stretch torque to 60, 120, 144 inch/lb – Strike caps between each torque & be VERY Careful!
Injector rocker bolts – 038 103 714 A — Special Non-stretch torque to 25 lb/ft