Deluxe camshaft kit for VW TDIs with BRM engines. This kit is designed to include everything that should be replaced when the camshaft is replaced. Coolant added separately.
Camshaft — 038109101AH
8x Camshaft Followers (Nitride Coated) — 038109309C
Camshaft Bearing Set — 038198673C
10x Journal Cap Bolts — 038103714
8x Injector Rocker Bolts — 038103714A
Camshaft Seal — 068103085A
Vacuum Pump Gasket — 038145215
Timing Belt — 038109119P
Serpentine Belt — 6PK1050
Timing Belt Tensioner — 038109243M
Small Relay Roller — 038109244J
Water Pump — 045121011
Deluxe Timing Belt Bolt Kit:
Engine Mount Bolt — N90596906
2x 12mm Engine Mount Bolt — N10209605
Mount Bolt with Stud — N91029602
Roller Lock Nut — N01508315
Tensioner Nut — 038109454A
5L LiquiMoly Engine Oil — 505.01/505.00 5W-40
Oil Filter — 071115562C
Fuel Filter — 1K0127434B/A (See Fuel Filter Note below)
Cabin Filter — 1K1819653B
Air Filter (without prefilter) — 1K0129620D | E488L
Fits the Following:
2005.5-2006 VW Jetta TDI
Installation Note: Proper break in of a camshaft is essential for proper functioning and longevity. Joe Gibbs Break-in oil facilitates that well. Below is the recommended process.
1. Put assembly lube on all lobes, lifter faces, distributor gears, bearing journals, lifter barrels, and oil pump gears.
2. Turn the engine over by hand to make sure that nothing is binding up (e.g. cam bearings are properly seated) and that timing is correct.
3. Rev engine to 2000-3000 RPM for 20-30 minutes. Drain break-in oil.
4. Refill with break-in oil and drive normally for about 500 miles.
5. Drain oil again and replace the filter and oil, using proper VW 505.01 spec oil such as Pentosin HPII or Liquimoly. A bottle of ZDDP additive can provide further protection.
Note on Tortion: Use only the following torque spec.
Journal cap bolts – 038 103 714 — Special Non-stretch torque to 60, 120, 144 inch/lb – Strike caps between each torque & be VERY Careful!
Injector rocker bolts – 038 103 714 A — Special Non-stretch torque to 25 lb/ft
Fuel Filter Note: If you are unsure which fuel filter style you will need, the figures below illustrates the differences between the tops of the metal fuel filter housing. This housing is located on the passenger side of the engine bay, just behind the headlight.