Standard camshaft kit for VW TDIs with BEW engines. This kit includes all the parts required to replace the camshaft.
Camshaft — 038109101R
8x Camshaft Followers (Nitride Coated) — 038109309C
Camshaft Bearing Set — 038109673C
10x Journal Cap Bolts — 038103714
8x Injector Rocker Bolt — 038103714A
Camshaft Seal — 068103085A
Vacuum Pump Gasket — 038145215
Fits the Following:
2004-2006 VW Golf TDI
2004-2005 VW Jetta TDI
2004-2006 VW New Beetle TDI
Camshaft Break-In Procedure:
- Put assembly lube on all lobes, lifter faces, distributor gears, bearing journals, lifter barrels and oil pump gears.
- Turn the engine over by hand to make sure that nothing is binding up (e.g. cam bearings are properly seated) and that timing is correct.
- Rev engine to 2000-3000 RPM for 20-30 minutes. Drain break in oil.
- Refill with break-in oil and drive normally for ~500 miles.
- Drain oil again and refill with proper spec oil such as Pentosin HPII or Lubromoly. Change the oil filter. (Adding a bottle of ZDDP additive is a good idea.)