Camshaft kit for VW TDIs with BEW engines. This kit includes all the parts required to replace the camshaft.
AMC Billet Camshaft — 038109101R
8x Camshaft Followers (Nitride Coated) — 038109309C
Camshaft Bearing Set — 038109673C
10x Journal Cap Bolts — 038103714 (Non-stretch; Torque to 144 lb/in)
8x Injector Rocker Bolt — 038103714A (Non-stretch; Torque to 25 lb/ft)
Camshaft Seal — 068103085A
Vacuum Pump Gasket — 038145215
Fits the Following:
2004-2006 VW Golf TDI
2004-2005 VW Jetta TDI (not late 2005.5)
2004-2006 VW New Beetle TDI
Installation Note: Proper break-in of a camshaft is essential for proper functioning and longevity. Joe Gibbs Break-in oil facilitates that well. Below is the recommended process.
1. Put assembly lube on all lobes, lifter faces, distributor gears, bearing journals, lifter barrels, and oil pump gears.
2. Turn the engine over by hand to make sure that nothing is binding up (e.g. cam bearings are properly seated) and that timing is correct.
3. Rev engine to 2000-3000 RPM for 20-30 minutes. Drain break-in oil.
4. Refill with break-in oil and drive normally for about 500 miles.
5. Drain oil again and replace the filter and oil using proper VW 505.01 spec oil, such as Pentosin HPII or Liquimoly. A bottle of ZDDP additive can provide further protection.